Faith PR

Originally built around 1797, Thornhill Brigg Mill was attacked during the Plug Riots of August 1842. Workers fearing the introduction of steam power would put them out of work marched from town to town removing the plugs from the boilers of the mills and emptying the mill dams as they passed, bringing production to a halt. The mill was destroyed in 1858 and again in 1888. In more recent times it was used as a textile mill and in 2014 underwent complete refurbishment by local firm Henderson Property.